If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the last couple of years, it’s how to focus in on what’s really important. And, as I’ve moved through perimenopause into true menopause (hurrah!) I’ve learned how to engage the heart and flow.
Flowing with the energy of the heart is very different than the traditional way we’re taught to work. I’ve learned to let go of that need to do everything in THIS order and by THIS time, on a deadline, with SMART goals. It’s a very feminine way of working versus the masculine push through the accomplish that goal kind of method.
Instead, things flow. Things ’emerge.’
I recently finished a permaculture certification course. It took me waaaay out of my comfort box, and taught me about emergence. Things –tasks, projects, everything– emerges instead of being pushed and forced. You are a vehicle by which the emerging thing is encouraged and nurtured and birthed.
You don’t force things to happen. For example, I didn’t do anything to force menopause to happen; instead, it happened to me, and flowed through me, and left me the same and utterly changed.
So in 2022, I’m going to try to combine those lessons from the heart with some –cough cough – goals. But I don’t like the word goals, so it’s a quest, a journey, a mission: that for which I am destined.
The plan is to check in here every month and give you an idea of how it’s going. I’m definitely known to get waaaaaaaay off track, so this should be interesting for everyone.
- Write 250 words a day, five days a week. The year end goal is 60,000 words.
- Revamp WordStorm Casserole poetry book and make it accessible on other platforms.
- Post twice a month here… Year-end goal is 24 posts. And that monthly mission check in is 12 of those posts!
- DeGoogle, deApple, and deMicrosoft. This year I’m planning to embrace Linux. Boy, I’ve got a long way to go with this one.
- Have fun – try new Earl Grey Creme teas, visit new places, try new recipes.
- Big Secret Goal #1. And man, if I want to make this big secret goal work, I sure had better write more than 250 words a day. Hint Hint.
- Big Secret Goal #2. I didn’t spend a whole year contemplating permaculture for nothing, you know.
Update December 2022
Here’s a link to every month through the year. The post you’re on was the January post.
Beatrice L Wallace says
Continue to grow and know yourself.
Wonderful clarity. Glad you included fun!! So important!
What a great start to 2022!!
Julie Wallace says
Thanks Daina! ❤️ Looking forward to talking soon – there’s more where this came from.