In 2022, I’m combining lessons from the heart with some –cough cough – goals.
But I don’t like the word goals, so it’s a quest, a journey, a mission: that for which I am destined.
So how was June?
June’s Tarot Card
Back in January, I did a tarot spread for the full year and June’s card was Intention. The card asked me to review my intention and check motivations. The card shows an owl holding a dandelion puff standing on top of a huge egg which is perched upon a sculptured column or tower.
Intentions and motivations did become clearer in the last few weeks. I know that writing this book is important to me – it’s what I want to do, what I’ve always wanted to do. In fact, after this draft is done, I have a series that keeps bugging me.
I checked my intensions and motivations with Big Secret Goal #2, too. I have X amount of money I can spend on this, and there’s only so much that can be accomplished for that amount – all the sighs as I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all awesome immediately. Anyway, that X amount will still bring a needed transformation, and set a strong foundation for future changes.
Write 250 Words A Day, 5 Days A Week
With the 100 Day Book program, I’m required to have 3,500 words done each Friday by midnight Pacific time. And for five weeks straight, I’ve hit that target! Hurrah me!
Will I hit the 14-week target and submit a complete first draft? Stick around to find out!
How do I track number of words? There are any number of programs that can do that; however, I settled on Dabble because the streamlined look keeps me focused. That and the Deep Focus music from Greenred on Youtube –>
Revamp WordStorm Casserole Poetry Book
Not happening. Big Secret Goal #1 is a priority.
Post Twice A Month On This Website
Made it! There were three posts in June:
- Mission 2022 that reviewed May and revealed a big secret.
- A look at my garden at the very end of May/beginning of June.
- What I learned after forty weeks of Hello Fresh meal delivery service.
DeGoogle, deApple, deMicrosoft – embrace Linux!
Why? Because Google, Apple, and Microsoft all track your every move online and that’s wrong.
In June I’ve carried on using the Linux machine for much daily fun browsing: checking email, checking Facebook, watching videos. deGoogling and deAppling will be much longer tasks.
Oooo! I did really well with this one in June. Most of the month I was at home; however, the very last weekend I had a getaway!
- I met up with a friend in Midland, Michigan, and had lunch then hit the bookstore.
- I went to Grand Rapids, Michigan, and saw Beyond Van Gogh and Mean Girls. I ate good food and shopped till I almost dropped. I’ll tell you more about that later this month.
- For summer solstice I participated in a Despacho ceremony with Ashera Sefarty; I went to Peru on one of Ashera’s amazing fourteen day sacred valley experiences many years ago. During the ceremony, I created my own Despacho – an offering to the universe for the coming new cycle of summer. The flowers are from my yard. Each of the items has purpose: flowers for light and fertility, sugar for sweetness, quinoa for sustenance and abundance, rice as an offering to the spirit world, feathers for connection to the ether and sky. I let the Despacho sit on my desk for a day, and then placed it into the compost to regenerate and feed the future.
Big Secret Goal #1: Finish the first draft of a novel
Oh ya! I’ve hit my target of 3.500 words each week and am more than half way to the end target of 70,000. Hurrah!
Big Secret Goal #2
This goal involves hiring pros. Met with the pros again and reviewed the design. I now a solid cost idea for the multiple phase project.
Am I really ready to make that time and money commitment? You bet I am, and fingers crossed I’ll have something to show you in August.
What I’m Reading
On GoodReads, I have a 2022 Reading Challenge goal of at least 50 books. Since the last update I’ve read:
- Owen 9 by George C. Wilson.
- The Calculating Stars by Mary Robinette Kowal
- The Fated Sky by Mary Robinette Kowal
- This puts me at 24 out of 50 books this year.
- I’m finding that as I am writing I just can’t read as much. I usually gulp books down over a day or two, but now with working full time and writing every night, I barely read a chapter a night.
How About You?
How was your June? How are you making fun a priority this summer?
Leave a Reply