In 2022, I’m combining lessons from the heart with some –cough cough – goals.
But I don’t like the word goals, so it’s a quest, a journey, a mission: that for which I am destined.
So how was February?
February’s Tarot Card
I did a tarot spread for the full year and February’s card was Rescue which admonished me to ask for help from spirit and people and places and whoever whenever. It encouraged me to see reality as it is, and to trust spirit.
As I write this, it’s Sunday, March 6. It seems like February is already months away, but it’s been less than a week.
March signals the end of what I call deep winter. I can start to think about not wearing Smartwool shirts, wool sweaters or heavy fleece jackets, and Sherpa-lined sweatpants all day, every day.
If the sweatpants get retired for the season, I’ll start wearing my Norsari’s a lot more; they’re perfect for wearing over anything when it’s still chilly…or when you’re sitting around reading books or writing all day.
Daylight Savings Time is starting soon, the days will be getting longer, and the official start to spring is coming soon, too. A lot of the snow has melted, but we’re still stuck with mud and piles of grey, melting snow. More snow will come, too, as our last frost day isn’t until May.
It’s definitely not warm enough for most plants to start budding, so the world is gloomy. I think my spring allergies will be here any day now, and man, I’ve got to do some spring cleanup in the yard.
Write 250 Words A Day, 5 Days A Week
Still working on this one. Looks like I’ll need to schedule my time, and I’m incredibly resistant. My inner child wants nothing more than to do what she wants when she wants; my adult, current age self totally appreciates that philosophy, but…if you have missions, there may need to be some sacrifice. I’ll have to have a long talk with my inner child.
Revamp WordStorm Casserole Poetry Book
Still working on this one; it’s looking like this will be paused, but I haven’t made a final decision.
Post Twice A Month On This Website
Yes! I did publish two posts in February! There was the February Mission Update and You Should Read This.
DeGoogle, deApple, deMicrosoft – embrace Linux!
Why? Because Google, Apple, and Microsoft all track your every move online and that’s wrong.
In February I used my Linux machine most of the time for personal use: checking personal email, watching YouTube videos, checking social media. I used it to watch Star Trek: Discovery on Amazon Prime. And yes, I occasionally crept back over to the Windows machine for files.
Sigh. It was February and soooo cold. I am not a winter person at all.
- I downloaded an app called Likewise that makes suggestions for what to read/watch/listen to next based on TV shows, movies, books, and podcasts you’ve already consumed.
- I walked once a week with a friend. Walked, outside and everything, in the cold, cold winter. It’s fun to walk and catch up on our lives.
- I went two two movies during the Central Michigan International Film Festival. I saw a biography of chef Anthony Bourdain called Roadrunner, and then a documentary on the resurge of vinyl records called Vinyl Nation.
- I had a birthday and turned sixty I had a yummy dinner with my sister and a friend brought me a plant and chocolates.
- I had a craniosacral massage, too!
Big Secret Goal #1
I worked on this a bit in February. Baby steps count as progress!
Big Secret Goal #2
This goal involves hiring pros. Still waiting to hear from them to schedule an appointment date for further discussion and planning. The document and Pinterest board should prove useful.
What I’m Reading
On GoodReads, I have a 2022 Reading Challenge goal of at least 50 books. Since the last update I’ve read:
- The Crossing by Alex Landragin can be read two ways. At the beginning of February, I’d read The Baroness sequence. During February I read the book cover-to-cover.
- The Husband’s secret by Liane Moriarty.
- I’m really surprised I didn’t read more in February! Where did the month go?
How About You?
How was your February? What big dreams and projects are you working on for this year?
Leave a Reply